Recruit & Consult deals with information privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as set out in the Privacy Act. Recruit & Consult also complies with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) which imposes restrictions on sending emails and other types of commercial electronic messages.
Collection of personal information
The information that Recruit & Consult collects may include:
- dates of birth;
- job title;
- contact information, including email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcodes, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as debit and credit card numbers;
- information about your business or personal affairs;
- information about your website needs;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- other information relevant to client surveys and/or promotions; and
- any other information requested on this Website or otherwise required by Recruit & Consult or provided by you.
Information Recruit & Consult collects from you if you make a payment using this Website
If you make a payment using this Website, Recruit & Consult collects your full name, your payment number (or Invoice) and payment particulars including credit and debit card number. Recruit & Consult will only use your card details for processing your payment via Recruit & Consult’s payment partner.
How Recruit & Consult collects personal information
Recruit & Consult collects personal information by various means including when:
- you contact Recruit & Consult;
- you subscribe with Recruit & Consult;
- you provide your email address to access a download or other document provided by Recruit & Consult electronically;
- you visit Recruit & Consult’ website.
Where practicable, Recruit & Consult collects personal information about you directly from you. However, Recruit & Consult may collect information about you from a third party such as:
- from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities;
- your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers);
- your employer or previous employers;
- a person responding to our questions or inquiries;
- existing customers where they tell us you are interested in our products and services;
- publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent.
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us when using our Website, then you do not have to do so, however, it may affect your use of the Website or any products and services offered on it.
What happens if we cannot collect your personal information?
If you do not provide Recruit & Consult with your personal information described above, or if the personal information you provide is inaccurate, some or all of the following may happen:
- Recruit & Consult may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you;
- Recruit & Consult may not be able to provide you with relevant information about our products and services;
- Recruit & Consult may be unable to tailor the content of our Website to your preferences and your experience of our Website may not be as enjoyable or useful.
Use of personal information
Recruit & Consult will only use your personal information for the purpose Recruit & Consult collects it, including:
- to provide information, products and services to you;
- to respond to your queries for legal services;
- to better understand your needs, enabling Recruit & Consult to improve its products and services;
- for internal record keeping;
- to circulate promotional emails about new products and services, special offers or other information which Recruit & Consult thinks you may find interesting;
- direct marketing; and
- to customise Recruit & Consult’s Website and product and service offerings according to your interests and business and personal needs.
- Recruit & Consult may contact you by a variety of measures including by telephone, email, sms or mail.
- Recruit & Consult will retain your information for a reasonable period as long as the law requires.
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information that Recruit & Consult holds about you in accordance with the Privacy Act. If you would like a copy of the information which Recruit & Consult holds about you, please contact Recruit & Consult using the contact details below. Recruit & Consult reserves the right to refuse to provide you with information that Recruit & Consult holds about you, in certain circumstances as set out in the Privacy Act.
If you believe that any information Recruit & Consult holds on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact Recruit & Consult using the contact details below. Recruit & Consult relies in part upon its clients advising Recruit & Consult when their personal information changes. Recruit & Consult will respond to any request within a reasonable time and will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be incorrect so that the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
To unsubscribe from Recruit & Consult’s e-mail database, or to opt out of Recruit & Consult’ communications, please use the opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications or contact Recruit & Consult using the contact details below.
Disclosure of personal information
Recruit & Consult may disclose personal information:
- for the purpose of providing information, products and services to its clients;
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where clients fail to pay for goods or services provided by Recruit & Consult to them;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend Recruit & Consult’s legal rights;
- to one or more of Recruit & Consult’s consultants, for the purposes of providing information, products and services to you; and
- to third parties, including agents, referral partners, contractors and sub-contractors for the purposes of providing information, products and services to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
By providing Recruit & Consult with personal information, you consent to this disclosure.
We may disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors and our service providers including our web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, debt collectors and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants; suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes.
If there is a change of control of Recruit & Consult’s business or a sale or transfer of business assets, Recruit & Consult reserves the right to transfer, to the extent permissible at law, Recruit & Consult’s user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may also be disclosed to a potential purchaser, in good faith and where Recruit & Consult has sought to maintain confidentiality.
Recruit & Consult is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure.
Recruit & Consult takes reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. For example, Recruit & Consult:
- maintains its files in a secure location;
- has strict password protocols to protect access to electronic documents;
- stores electronic data on reputable third-party storage providers with appropriate security protections against unauthorised access to data; and
- protects devices that it uses to collect, store and access personal information with industry-standard antivirus and malware software.
As Recruit & Consult’s Website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, Recruit & Consult cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. Recruit & Consult also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
When you use this Website, Recruit & Consult may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser. This information will not usually identify you personally. Recruit & Consult does this by placing a ‘cookie’, on your computer’s hard disk. A cookie does not give Recruit & Consult access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you provide to Recruit & Consult. Cookies enable Recruit & Consult to analyse information about webpage traffic and improve Recruit & Consult’s Website by tailoring it to your needs, enabling Recruit & Consult to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Recruit & Consult uses this information for administration and statistical analysis purposes only, following which the data is removed from the system.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of Recruit & Consult’s Website.
Recruit & Consult may also use web beacons on its Website from time to time. Web beacons or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a webpage to monitor behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a webpage. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a webpage or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to websites
If you believe that Recruit & Consult has breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, then please email Recruit & Consult using the contact details below, setting out the details of the alleged breach. Recruit & Consult will promptly investigate your complaint and will endeavour to respond to you in writing within 30 days setting out the outcome of Recruit & Consult’s investigation, what steps Recruit & Consult proposes to take to remedy the alleged breach and any other action Recruit & Consult has and will take to deal with your complaint.
If your complaint cannot be resolved satisfactorily within 30 days of receipt of the complaint and there is no timely prospect of the complaint being resolved, you may submit your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints
Recruit & Consult’s Contact Details
All comments, queries and requests relating to the use of your information should be addressed to [email protected]
last updated November 24, 2021, 10:30am